A group of local government and housing authority practitioners met Monday, December 12 to to continue their conversation about how to improve access to and availability of attainable housing.
What was accomplished in this session?
Local government and housing authority practitioners:
- Confirmed the initial collective effort for the Roundtable will be to determine what taking a regional approach to implementing Proposition 123 could be
- Determined that a workgroup will convene to develop a shared definition of the process and timeline for what 90-day fast tracking under Proposition 123 could look like for localities in the RMP Region
- Confirmed support for developing a community-informed hub of data, information, and resources around health and housing (workgroup currently pursuing funding through MADE for Health Justice Grant)
How did this session come to be?
In July 2022, a group of local government and housing authority leaders (from across the RMP region) met to scope if there was a desire for a collective space for their work. They determined that they there was an opportunity to work BETTER TOGETHER to increase and improve access and availability of housing for our workforce and community throughout the region.
This roundtable is convened by:
What are next steps?
- Roundtable conveners will work with the RMP Backbone Team to develop clear language that articulates the role and scope of the Roundtable. This language will support members to better communicate this work to their leadership tables, including elected officials.
- A small workgroup will convene to develop shared definition for what 90 day fast track process / timeline could look like for localities in the region under Proposition 123.
- The Roundtable will reconvene in Quarter 1 2023 to continue to identify opportunities for action to increase access and availability of attainable housing.
Contact Matt Horn at MattHorn@RMPBackbone.org to learn more.