Policy and Advocacy
The Rocky Mountain Partnership works to identify opportunities to develop and/or shift policy and funding to positively impact economic and social mobility in the region. The group who oversees this work is called the Policy & Legislative Advisory Network (PLAN). This group works to inform a collective set of policy priorities, understand the impacts of existing legislation, monitor emerging policies and legislation, and lift opportunities for proactive policymaking. Learn more about the PLAN HERE.
2021 Policy Priorities
In order to realize systems change at the level of the state legislature and achieve the Partnership’s global target around postsecondary credential attainment, RMP has adopted a set of formal policy priorities for 2021. The Partnership will work to advocate for these priorities not just in the state legislature, but at a local and institutional level as well.
The priorities fall in three main areas, including:
- Increasing Credentialing Opportunities
- Supporting Businesses to Expand Credentialing Opportunities
- Supporting and Expanding Online Credentialing and Location-Neutral Jobs
If the network is supporting a policy priority or legislation, does that mean my organization also has to support it?
Nope! Organizations within the network will always be given the opportunity to opt-out of being listed as a supporter for a policy priority or legislation.
- Organizations who choose to express their support will be listed as a supporter on any communication materials that may be seen by the public or policymakers, such as the network’s website, social media, overview documents, etc.
- The Backbone Team will check with you before sharing out any communications materials.
- Organizations who choose not to express support will not be listed on any communication materials for the specific policy priority or legislation.
Click below to view more frequently asked questions about Policy Alignment!Policy Alignment FAQs
These policy priorities have been endorsed by the following members of the Partnership:
- 17th Judicial District – District Attorney’s Office
- 27J Schools
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Adams County Education Consortium
- Adams County Government
- Adams County School District 14
- Adams County Sheriff’s Department
- Adams County Regional Economic Partnership
- Anythink Libraries
- Arvada Chamber of Commerce
- City of Commerce City
- City of Federal Heights
- City of Thornton
- City of Westminster
- Colorado Department of Higher Education
- Crossroads Church
- Daniels Fund
- Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County (ECPAC)
- Front Range Community College
- Kids First Health Care
- Maiker Housing Partners
- Neon Rain Interactive
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Westminster Public Schools