2022 Policy Priorities
Each of our collective work areas has (or will have) specific goals and strategies that involve policy and systems-level improvements needed at the organizational, local, regional, state, and national levels to achieve the result. Click on each goal to learn more.
Additional 2022 Priorities
For the 2022 state legislative session, we also had a set of annual policy priorities that that impact overall economic and social mobility.
Tier One Priorities
RMP more intentionally advocated for the following during the 2022 state legislative session and more aggressively pursued with the legislative delegation in conversations.
Tier Two Priorities
Click on the buttons below to learn more about these priorities.Click Here
2022 State Legislative Session recap
Wednesday, May 11th marked the official end of Colorado’s 2022 Legislative Session. Over the course of the 120-day session, over 100 bills passed. This includes all three of the bills RMP supported, as well as a number of other bills RMP chose to monitor.
How did the bills RMP supported do?
All three bills supported by RMP passed and are awaiting the Governor’s signature. These bills include:
- HB22-1005 Health-care Preceptors Tax Credit
- HB22-1010 Early Childhood Educator Income Tax Credit
- HB22-1281 Behavioral Health-care Continuum Gap Grant Program
How did the bills RMP monitored do?
20 of the 23 bills RMP monitored through the session passed. Most of these bills are currently awaiting a signature from the Governor, though six of these bills have already been signed into law:
- HB22-1003 Youth Delinquency Prevention And Intervention Grants
- HB22-1006 Child Care Center Property Tax Exemption
- HB22-1055 Sales Tax Exemption Essential Hygiene Products
- HB22-1056 Emergency Temporary Care For Children
- HB22-1282 The Innovative Housing Incentive Program
- HB22-1283 Youth And Family Behavioral Health Care
- HB22-1287 Protections For Mobile Home Park Residents
- HB22-1304 State Grants Investments Local Affordable Housing
- HB22-1326 Fentanyl Accountability And Prevention
- HB22-1346 Electrician Plumber Licensing Apprentice Ratio
- HB22-1349 Postsecondary Student Success Data System
- HB22-1350 Regional Talent Development Initiative Grant Program
- HB22-1359 Colorado Household Financial Recovery Program
- SB22-099 Sealing Criminal Records
- SB22-146 Middle Income Access Program Expansion
- SB22-147 Behavioral Health-care Services For Children
- SB22-159 Revolving Loan Fund Invest Affordable Housing
- SB22-160 Loan Program Resident-owned Communities
- SB22-003 Community College Nursing Bachelor Degree Eligibility
- SB22-116 Increase Occupational Credential Portability
Click the button below to view the full 2022 legislative session recap.
|Questions? Contact Kayah Swanson, Senior Director of Policy & Advocacy, at KayahSwanson@RMPBackbone.org|