The ACYI LIFT Fund (Local Impact Funding Technical Assistance) provides partners with just that – a lift to help build their capacity to implement or enhance strategy or practice to support cradle to career student success.
Through the Lift Fund, we are particularly interested in supporting and scaling efforts that: 1. Engage students, parents, and families toward academic improvement; 2. Focus on eliminating inequalities in student achievement; 3. Develop partners’ capacity to practice continuous improvement; and 4. Build on and align existing resources. This year, ACYI received over twenty inquiries and twelve applications for the cradle to career LIFT Fund. Congratulations to the following 2016 LIFT Fund awardees:
- City of Westminster – Support for a summer literacy and enrichment program for Westminster Public Schools.
- Ortho Stuart Middle School – Professional development – taking key staff to the best public education Continuous Improvement Symposium in the US so that they can further scale the effort within their school and Adams 27J School District.
- Mapleton Education Foundation – Expand a successful summer melt program to another school and to share the process with the partnership.
- Horizon High School – Release time for the team to review data at least monthly, and practice the plan, do study act process necessary within the Continuous Improvement framework.
- Thornton High School – To scale up several successful interventions to increase school attendance.
Not only did we present 2016 LIFT Fund recipients with their awards at the Catalyst for Change event, but we also raised funds needed to support partners with projects in 2017. Thank you for helping to make this happen!
Horizon High School – SOAR Students