Funding Alignment to Support Housing x Education
True systems change requires policy, funding and resource alignment to yield the greatest impact towards the Partnership’s shared targets. They work to develop, execute, and scale action that will target public and private funding to spread and sustain practices that will support the economic and social mobility of the region.
This is a different approach to funding than business as usual. Instead of thinking about funding individual programs or strategies, you’ll be seeking systemic shifts in where funding is sustainably aligned to the work far into the future.
Shifting Public Accountability and Resources to Center Youth (SPARCY)
RMP is participating in a pilot through StriveTogether, Shifting Public Accountability and Resources to Center Youth (SPARCY). This pilot is being used to build capacity and facilitate alignment in the Housing x Education work area specifically. It will:
- Understand where public dollars are currently being allocated
- Identify gaps & work with youth and community members most impacted to develop a fiscal plan to close them
This public funding pilot consists of the three core components, including:
- Performing Youth and Community Impact Assessments
- Determines the impact of policy on youth, their families, and the larger community
- Features a series of questions to highlight consequences for community of proposed policy or program
- Creating Strategic Financing Plan
- Identifies gaps in funding & determines how to close them, depending on the goals
- Includes goals for improved access to high quality programs and services & an estimate of the cost to improve that access
- Focusing on Youth & Community Engagement
- Mobilize, amplify, and elevate the voices of youth, their families, and community members most impacted in the fight for equity
- Ensure the community is involved in co-developing solutions for their own region
Public Funding Database
In alignment with to the work happening through SPARCY, a database of where public funding is going and how it is being used. The Rocky Mountain Partnership Public Funding Database was developed to support the Partnership to:
- Understand where public dollars are being allocated
- Understand how entities receiving public funds are planning on utilizing funding, so that they can…
- Take action to coordinate efforts receiving public funding and identify gaps that need to be filled
This database contains information about the American Rescue Plan Act as well as other state funding opportunities in the form of grants, tax breaks, loans, and financial incentives so that Partners can quickly identify opportunities for collaborative work and funding opportunities that may be relevant to them.
The Funding Alignment Network
The Funding Alignment Network (FAN) is a group of decision makers and designated individuals from investing partner organizations who lead the resource alignment and allocation for the collective work of Partners with the ultimate goal that public and private funding is targeted to spread and sustain data-driven practices that advance equitable outcomes. The FAN supports the strategy for the alignment of funding and resources towards the outcomes-focused work of the Partnership.
|Call to Action: If you are interested in participating in a collective effort to take action to improve outcomes related to Housing x Education, please contact Matt Horn (MattHorn@RMPBackbone.org).|