Coordinated Work to Support Housing x Education
Overview of Coordinated Housing x Education Efforts
The intersectionality of housing, education, and workforce and the impact it has towards a community’s economic and social mobility creates an immense opportunity for heightened coordination between cross-sector partners.
Prior to COVID-19, work to better coordinate efforts of housing and education providers had begun, led by Peter LiFari, Maiker Housing Partners Executive Director and RMP Steering Committee Co-Chair, and Lisa Jansen Thompson, Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County (ECPAC) Executive Director and RMP Partnership Accountability Network member.
The work the Partnership adopted this collective work area to build off of this work to improve critical housing and education outcomes for our region.
Housing x Education Partnership Analysis
The Partnership is conducting an analysis of the current state of housing and education partnerships across the region, with technical support from Enterprise Community Partners. This assessment is intended to identify:
- The impacts of housing instability on a child’s education, as well as the barriers households face to locating, and maintaining housing in the region
- Accessibility and effectiveness of current housing and education programs, the barriers that persist to partnerships, and whether there is need for additional programs
- Opportunities for increased collaboration around housing and education
- Additional data, data infrastructure, and community voice and perspective needed to support authentic collective work that leads to to results
This analysis is being led by Maiker Housing Partners and Adams 12 Five Star Schools, with additional members of The Rocky Mountain Partnership being consulted to capture their perspective on the current state of housing and education partnerships.
Moving From Analysis to Action
The Partnership Analysis and Housing x Education Data Dashboard (in development) will illuminate opportunities for what additional infrastructure and heightened collaboration will be needed to improve housing and education outcomes. Once the Analysis and Dashboards are complete, the Partnership will convene a Collaborative Action Network to:
- Develop action they can take collectively to better coordinate efforts across organizations to improve Housing x Education outcomes
- Develop action they can take within their own organizations to improve Housing x Education outcomes
- Identify systemic (policy and funding) level barriers to improving Housing x Education outcomes to lift to the Partnership Accountability Network (PAN), Policy and Legislative Advisory Network (PLAN), and Funding Alignment Network (FAN).
|Call to Action: If you are interested in participating in a collective effort to take action to improve outcomes related to Housing x Education, please contact Matt Horn (MattHorn@RMPBackbone.org).|