Housing x Education Overview
Why Housing x Education is Critical To Economic and Social Mobility
At the highest level, the Rocky Mountain Partnership agrees that economic and social mobility is ultimately about ensuring ALL community members can provide for themselves and their families, and the economy is thriving.
In order for this to happen:
- An individual needs to be earning a self-sufficient income in order to support themselves and their families
- Education, training, skills, and access to basic needs are critical to earn a self-sufficient income
- Education, training, and skills result in a talented workforce, which attracts, retains, and grows business and industry, which are critical to overall economic vitality
Quality, affordable housing creates improved educational outcomes for youth, greater tax generation, creation of jobs, opportunities for economic development, increased job retention and productivity, and the ability to address inequality. Housing and education are critical foundations for future success that underpin many aspects of an individual’s mobility from poverty.
As the population of the RMP region grows, specifically people of color and marginalized populations, it is critical that marginalized community members have access to quality affordable housing, and that no matter their circumstance, they have equitable educational supports necessary to support their journey to self-sufficiency.
The opportunity facing our region around housing and education is twofold:
- Increase access and availability of quality affordable housing
- Increase educational attainment outcomes for those currently occupying affordable housing units
To learn more about the needs our community faces and the work of the Partnership to improve economic and social mobility through collective work around housing x education, see the links to the left of this page.
|For more information on the Partnership’s collective work around Housing x Education, contact RMP Backbone Director of Collaborative Action Networks Matt Horn at, MattHorn@RMPBackbone.org|
Join the Housing x Education CAN
Click the button below or scan the QR code to learn about eligibility, the commitment, and what you gain from joining the Housing x Education Collaborative Action Network.