Coordinated Work to Support Credential Attainment and Work-Based Learning
Overview of Coordinated Credential Attainment and Work-Based Learning
Coordination of work happening “on-the-ground” is a critical component of creating authentic collective impact. In addition to policy and funding alignment at the systems level, organizations and community members in the Rocky Mountain Partnership are working together to determine how to better coordinate their current efforts to support achieving the shared targets of the Partnership.
Small Action Teams within the Credential Attainment Collaborative Action Network (CAN) have launched to date to heighten coordination between direct service providers in order to better support community members towards earning a skill, credential, or degree and achieve the Partnership’s shared targets
Work Underway: Navigation and Wraparound Supports
It is impossible to improve credential attainment without ensuring community members have a support system that will support them along their journeys. The Navigation and Wraparound Supports Action Team is taking action to better coordinate existing navigation and wraparound services to support community members to attain a credential along the journey to earning a self-sufficient wage.
This Action Team has:
- Identified Key Performance Indicators to track the impact of their work
- Gained an understanding of where public dollars are being allocated to support workforce and credential development (see Funding Alignment page)
- Identified opportunities for action to better coordinate work between service providers
- Identified opportunities to improve alignment of education and workforce case management softwares used by navigators and case managers to:
- Ensure the most critical services are being provided to support community members along their journey
- Track information and data in similar ways
- Reduce fragmentation in user experience to provide more seamless connections between different services necessary for achieving a credential for both community members case manager
Next Steps: Navigation and Wraparound Supports
The Navigation and Wraparound Supports Action Team is working continuously to:
- Take action and improve the way they are coordinating their efforts with each other
- Measure their impact in real time, utilizing the Credential Attainment Dashboard
- Identify funding and policy barriers to lift to the Policy and Legislative Advisory Network (PLAN), Funding Alignment Network (FAN), and Partnership Accountability Network (PAN) for action
- Identify opportunities for gathering voice and perspective to inform collective work
Who’s Participating: Navigation and Wraparound Supports
The Navigation and Wraparound Supports Action Team is composed of stakeholders from within the Credential Attainment Collaborative Action Network who are working together to better coordinate navigation and wraparound services to support community members to earn a skill, credential, or degree. To see a list of the stakeholders involved in this Action Team, click here.
Next Action Team to Launch: Know To Go
The Credential Attainment Collaborative Action Network identified their next area for collective work: that Parters are collaborating on their efforts to connect with community members to improve and increase awareness, accessibility, and engagement in credential opportunities potentially do collective work. Each description contains information about what success would look like in that area. This “Know To Go” Action Team will kick off in 2022.
Calls to Action
|If you are interested in committing to action to better coordinate the work your organization is doing around Navigation and Wraparound supports and/or to increase awareness of skill, credential, or degree opportunities, fill out the CAN Commitment Form or contact RMP Backbone Director of Collaborative Action Networks Matt Horn for more information.|